Saturday, January 10, 2015

Whole30 Day 1 recap





When I'm not doing a cleanse I usually drink my coffee with copious amounts of organic half and half.  I buy it by the 1/2 gallon because I drink so much.  I love cream in my coffee.  So, imagine my amazement when I realized that no dairy would mean no cream in my morning coffee.

But I have to tell you something.  If you're a real coffee drinker than you can drink it black.  And, there are other options to put in.  Like almond milk.  Or coconut milk.  Or, my new favorite method.

Bullet Proof Coffee:
8 oz strong brewed coffe
1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
1 tsp coconut oil

Blend it up (I use my blender for it because I like it creamy and a little frothy) and pour back in the mug.  It's amazing!  Seriously, so tasty and really good for you! 

Breakfast: Friend eggs with an avocado.
Mid-morning snack: Fruit smoothie with coconut milk
Lunch: Waldorf Tuna Salad
Dinner: Pork Carnitas

The tuna salad was out of this world delicious and I'm not even a big fan of tuna!
The carnitas rocked my world.  We made a huge batch of them to share with our friends and to have leftovers and I'm so glad we did.  We served this with a sweet potato south American salad, a big green salad and avocados with fresh pico.  Also homemade.  I'm telling you.  Do this with a friend.  We have been sharing meals with our close friends the Bubnas and it's making a world of difference! 

I felt great on our first day of this challenge!  Super glad I purchased a lot of food in bulk ahead of time so that we were always ready for a snack if we needed one or a quick meal. Although- I'll warn you.  If I've learned one thing on Whole30 it's that you can't plan ahead enough.  Making quality food takes thought and preparation!  Do it with a friend.  Set a goal.  Make it happen.  You can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment